I want to help you put your soulful business into words
You know you could be doing more to attract customers and get your product or service into the world.
But you’re deeply uncomfortable with marketing what you do. Even the word ‘marketing’ makes you want to run away.
(So let’s agree not to use that word again for now… Let’s talk about putting your business into words instead.)
When it comes to that kind of writing – whether it’s for your website, sales pages, emails, or social media posts – you get totally, utterly stuck, or you end up with writing that doesn’t sound anything like you.
Maybe you’ve convinced yourself that you don’t have anything interesting to say anyway.
Please believe me – even though it might feel that way, it’s not true.
If you’re the empathic, sensitive, creative person I know you are, you have a hell of a lot to say. You have all the feelings at the heart of what you do.
If you could just put your heart into words, you could really change things.
I’ve been there too. Yep, me – a copywriter. I do this writing stuff for a living. And quite happily (for other people, that is).
But when it came to putting my own thing out into the world – that was another story. I got totally, utterly stuck for a long time.
And I see this stuckness in many of my lovely clients as well.
Perhaps it’s because we’re too close to what we’ve created. Or maybe because we’re so deep in it that we can’t articulate it to anyone on the outside.
I think it’s both of those things plus wanting so badly not to harm the beautiful vision we’ve got in our heads that we freeze and wait for a lightning bolt of perfect inspiration to strike… it never does.
And so we get busy doing all the surface work.
We learn about Instagram tactics, or Pinterest strategy, learn how to take beautiful flat lays, or style our products or homes for the grid, or focus on picking the right brand colours, or the right kind of website.
And all of these are nice-to-haves. But you soon find they lead you back to where you started… Stuck for words.
I’ve written a short course that will help you break that pattern, get unstuck, and allow your business and your words to flourish.
Put your soulful business into words
I’m running a short course for creative small business owners like you.
The course is designed to give you:
- Confidence and clarity from truly knowing the heart of your business.
- Deep understanding of what you stand for and how you’re going to make a difference in the world.
- Empathy and connection with the people you really want to make your dream customers.
- Empowerment when you understand you’ve got all the words you need within you right now to make those connections and get your business noticed.
- Joy as you see how the special, heartfelt stories behind your business bring meaning and connection to your messaging.
- Ease, knowing you can have all of the above while staying true to yourself, your values and your integrity.
We’ll work together over two weeks, looking at four core areas at the heart of your business:
Confirming your values
We’ll identify the values you hold most dear. We’ll go deep into what you want to do in the world, looking for those parts of your business that bring you joy, meaning and, importantly, income.
Uncovering the heart and story of your business
We’ll uncover your very special one-of-a-kindness that will help you tell engaging stories and make your dream customers fall in-love with what you do.
Speaking to your dream clients
We’ll think deeply and carefully about who your dream customers really are.
Claiming your voice
We’ll claim back your real voice so that your writing actually sounds like you and feels natural and honest again.
These are the foundations of your soulful business. Once they are in place, you’ll feel freer to write about, talk about and think about your business.
Live course and group support
- 4 modules delivered live on Mondays and Wednesdays for two weeks.
- Powerful exercises to help you put your business into words.
- Live sessions in our private Facebook group
- Voice-only recordings and a text version of each module so you can follow along in whichever way you prefer.
- Facebook group support from me and your likeminded creative peers in our group.
- End the two weeks with the words you need to describe your business and a quiet, joyful confidence in your heart.
Live course and one-to-one support £449
- Only four one-to-one spaces available.
- Work through the course with the benefit of personalised support.
- One-to-one calls in which I’ll help you find the answers with gentle questioning and reflecting listening.
- Feedback and editing on your writing, helping you get your words onto the page even more quickly.
- Includes the live course, as above (worth £199)
- 2 x 60-minute one-to-one Zoom video calls with me (worth £190).
- Feedback and edits on up to 3 pieces of your own business writing – AKA ‘copy’ (worth £285)
- You are deeply invested in your business but you’re stuck when it comes to putting it into words.
- You can’t do anything that feels weird, icky and/or compromises your integrity.
- You don’t like hard-sell tactics.
- You’re tired of writing words for your business that make you cringe.
- You have been hiding behind your ‘site under construction’ holding page for so long that you’ve had to remove your own url from all your social profiles.
- You’re stuck about what to post on social media so you end up with three-word captions, no caption at all, or a string of semi-cryptic hashtags.
- Your heart’s not in your business – you’re only in it for the money.
- You’re looking for ‘cheat sheets’, ‘killer tactics’ and dodgy shortcuts.
- You believe marketing should be manipulative and pushy.
- You feel comfortable pressuring your customers to buy.
- You don’t care who your customers are as long as they spend money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an early bird price for the course?
I’m not running an ‘early bird’ price – I actually feel uncomfortable saying the words ‘early bird’ out loud while still feeling like myself, and, since this course is all about staying true to our values, I’m swimming against the tide on this one and having two fixed prices with payment plans instead.
Will you teach me how to write?
No. This course will give you the foundations you need to confidently write for and about your business, but it won’t go into the practical side of writing. I’ll be running a course all about ‘freeing your words’ early next year, though.
Why are you running it over two weeks?
I really like the idea of running this course over a two-week period. It feels like a good energetic pace that will give you a nice feeling of momentum balanced with room to think and breathe.
Suzy – I’ve got a different question. Can I get in touch with you?
Of course, my lovely. If you’ve got anything you’d like to ask about this course, please send me an email and I’ll get back to you straight away.