You love what you do but you find it really hard to write your own marketing copy. Whenever you try, the words come out all wrong.
I can help if:
- you’re a small-business owner or creative
- you want beautiful marketing copy that helps you reach more of your dream customers
- you’ve tried to write your own copy but either don’t know where to start or can’t make the words sound like you
- the ‘idea of ‘hard selling’ fills your soul with dread
- you want to market your business in an honest, soulful way
(P.S. If you’re a budding copywriter, I’d love to tell you about my copywriting training course – Copywriter School
Hi, I'm Suzy
I’m a copywriting coach, a writer and a blogger. I help small businesses and creatives draw in their dream customers with from-the-heart copy.
I don’t like shouty, pushy, salesy marketing (I’m guessing you don’t either).
I know that you are your company’s greatest asset. All the love, care and energy you put into serving your clients is what makes you stand out from the noise.
My favourite work is helping you get all of that lovely stuff into words, so that your dream clients know you’re their people, and will love you for it all the more.
I’ll help you craft copy that draws in your dream clients and feels right
- free copywriting resources to help you perfect your message
- uncover your unique voice so you’ll stand out from the usual marketing blah
- teach you to write copy that sells without being salesy
- one-to-one support to help you write better and faster
- identify your unique brand voice
- craft beautiful words you can use across all your marketing channels
- write from-the-heart copy to draw your dream customers to you
- polish and perfect your existing web copy so it sounds more like you
I’ve been a copywriter and editor for ten years. I’ve written for companies of all shapes and sizes, but small, independents and creatives are my best fit. I love talking to people who’ve invested their hearts in businesses they care about. Telling their stories is where I get the most joy from my work.
Aside from ten years on the job, I have what I like to call, my anti-training – a PhD in Italian Renaissance History. Well, that’s not entirely fair – although it is true that writing for academia is a very different skill. (If anything, it taught me how NOT to write for the internet.)
But what my PhD did give me – and here’s where it’s relevant to you – was a background in weaving stories from many threads. I honed my detective skills searching inventories, literature, art and legislation for clues and meaning. And I use that over-developed part of my brain to get to the heart of what you want to say about your business.
Last but not least, I’m a blogger. I write for love, sharing my own stories of bringing up my two young children in Cornwall, navigating working motherhood, and all the bits in between on my blog.
How I work
I’ll help you create copy that sounds like you when you’re just chatting to someone about your business.
How? Well, by chatting to you about your business. By asking the right questions and really listening – not only to what you say, but also to how you say it.
I’m pretty handy with my metaphorical butterfly net. I’ll capture all your best thoughts and feelings about why you do what you and fix them into words.
Together, we’ll get all of that lovely stuff out of your heart and onto the page. So we can write copy that fills you with joy and makes your customers fall head over heels.