Forget counting calories, it’s all about the fibre

Forget counting calories, it’s all about the fibre Well, kinda. I’m nearly finished reading the excellent: 10% Human: How Your Body’s Microbes Hold the Key to Health and Happiness by Alanna Colleen and have learned so much from this book. In a nutshell, we are only 10% human. The other 90% is a colony of…

How to survive the Furious Fours (kinda)

It’s been a truly horrible morning. Who knew that buttoning a cardigan could cause so much anger, frustration and distress? But it can when there’s a four-and-a-half-year-old involved. At least when it’s my four-and-a-half-year-old. My daughter is going through what I’m optimistically referring to as a ‘phase’. We’ve had the Terrible Twos and The Threenagers.…

A mother’s CV

Mummy Curriculum vitae PERSONAL STATEMENT Dedicated, hard-working and supremely adaptable individual seeks more credit for doing a bloody hard job seven days a week. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE Leadership: skilled in growing, educating, nurturing, managing and caring for two small human beings. Able to make tough decisions: knowing when to abort much-looked-forward-to day out in favour of…